Join now - be part of our community!

A7s2 help

jobbybhoy
Explorer

A7s2 help

hi just got an a7s2 to join with the a7r I have, need a bit of help on two things, first what does slog 2 or 3 do I don't get it and, second how do I get stills from the 4K video. 

Thanks

oh one more I have a MacBook Pro retina does anyone know good 4K software foe downscaling etc. 

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Pumpkin_Duke

Hi jobby,

S-Log2 and S-Log3 are picture profiles that can be set when using the camera to record video footage. These specific picture profiles allows you to edit the recorded footage in post-production to a much larger extent, compared to the other profiles. When recording, the footage might look grey, washed out or bleak – and that’s because, in order to bring out the contrast in highlights as much as possible, the sensor output has been extended to capture 1300% of the dynamic range. Simplified, the S-Log2/3 can be compared to what the RAW format is for still images.

It’s not possible to capture a still image from a recorded movie straight from the camera with this model. However, this can be done with most post-process editing software.

Unfortunately I'm not a MAC user but I think a good solution should be Adobe Premiere.

Cheers

PD

profile.country.GB.title
Badmonk

Is S log similar to pro tune on GoPro cameras?

also I agree Adobe premier and FCPX would be great choices for importing/exporting 4K