Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Z5 (E6653) - NFC not working

profile.country.GB.title
almir.sahbaz
Explorer

Xperia Z5 (E6653) - NFC not working

Hi,

My NFC suddenly stopped working after I tried to scan my bank card inside RFID protection sleeve.

I tried to restart my phone, used factory reset option, and even perform repair using Xperia Companion software, but nothing seems to help.

In secret testing menu I have this for NFC diagnostic, but I have seen that many people have those same reading and their NFC feature works normally.

I can turn it on inside settings menu, but nothing happens when I touch other NFC phone or any other NFC device, tag etc.

http _i.imgur.com_Z1dfcTr.png

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@almir.sahbaz 

I'm sorry t hear that, what happen when you go to 

settings > support > Xperia test > NFC > next > test it

profile.country.GB.title
almir.sahbaz
Explorer

It says: "Hold an NFC object close against your device's NFC reader."

When I do that with my bank card or my Sony SWR10 Smartband, nothing happens.

I was usually getting notification sound and vibration when I put these objects on back of my phone, but now it is not responding at all.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@almir.sahbaz 

are you willing to repair the phone once more with Xperia Companion > once you do so do NOT restore nor install any apps > test it once more and report back

profile.country.GB.title
almir.sahbaz
Explorer

@Uliwooly 

I did it, and it still won't work.

I even tried to boot my phone into safe mode and it is not helping.

Now, I'm getting really desperate, because I'm using this phone for four and a half years, a I was using NFC for contactless payments (Tap & pay).

I don't know what else can I try to fix this annoying problem.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@almir.sahbaz 

Just wondering, does your phone has a protective case? 

I think you've done everything on your part, you might want to contact your Local Support team to get it inspected. 

profile.country.GB.title
almir.sahbaz
Explorer

@Uliwooly 

It does have protective cover, but I take my phone out and it is completelly "naked" when I try to use NFC.

I sent e-mail to a Sony support here in Bosnia and Herzegovina, and I hope that they will help me to solve this problem.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@almir.sahbaz 

check if they have livechat and/or a phone that you can call, it'll be faster.

profile.country.RU.title
tomatojam

Try another bank card. For example my visa card stoped work with NFC terminals after year of using.

profile.country.GB.title
almir.sahbaz
Explorer

@tomatojam 

I tried a lot of different NFC devices, but my Xperia Z5 won't react to any of them.

It stopped working after I tried to read my bank card inside this RFID protection sleeve:

card.jpg

Now I don't know how to fix it.