Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia xz2 mic problem

GreeNBudZ
New

Xperia xz2 mic problem

Any1 have an issue with the xz2 microphone??  After latest update my mic doesn't work but does work if I put call on loudspeaker?? Please help

13 REPLIES 13

No, the issue has nit been foxed with an update. Not only that but you cannot back up the phone with Xperia Companion. Even tho my Xperia XZ2 H8276 is only on Android 9, the highest it will allow me to update it to, Companion app says "there's a new way to back up data for phones Android 10 +" and when you click on it none of the XZ phones are there. Only the néw new ones like Xperia 1.

profile.country.en_GB.title
EUSupport_EN
Contributor

There's a way to diagnose the speaker and microphone in their support app, run the tests and try to factory reset the phone if the tests fail.

I've been struggling with this one for a while now, my mic works fine only when I'm on loudspeaker. With all these recommended fixes my sony XZ2 does not have the "Call Settings" option. So where do I find this "Mic suppression" option?

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Actually there is no Mic suppression on the device, you can do the microphone test from the support app on your device and check if it will pass or fail. You can also enable your device on safe mode and check if the issue will persist or not . If the issue still persist in safe mode , you will go for software repair then repair your device if the issue remains the same.