Gran1
Visitor

Where is the Clip board on my sony phone

Where is the Clip board on my sony phone

6 REPLIES 6
Jonas
Master

Hi @Gran1, welcome to our community!

There is no clip board in the device, but you can cut/copy text and the paste this specific text again, for example if you want to copy some text from an Email and save it in a document. If you cut or copy new text, the old one will be overwritten.

You can have a look in the Google Play store if there are any clipboard applications that allows you to see the copied text.

I hope that answers your question!

L1sted151
Visitor

I have an old Sony Experia XA1 and sometimes I get a message of 'saved to clipboard'. I have looked on the forum chats to find out how I can access clipboard (as quite a lot of information has been saved there over the last couple of years and I want to delete it all) but it seems that clipboard isn't a feature on the newer Sony phones?

Can anybody please advise me how to access clipboard on my XA1 so that I can delete the information saved there? Thanks

Jonas
Master

Hi @L1sted151, sorry for the late reply.

There is no specific clipboard in the device and it works as described below.

When you cut or copy a text, you can then paste this text to where you want it. If you cut or copy new text, the old one will be overwritten.

If you use a lot of cut/copy/paste, download Google Keep and you can use this to cut/copy/paste text and it will be saved in the Google cloud.

I hope that answers your question!

profile.country.GB.title
Louise62
New

Thank you but my phone keeps saying 'saved link to clip board' so there must be one surely?

profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

There's no clipboard..it's been explained as above.

But to repeat, "clipboard" is a small portion of RAM, that will hold text for a short period of time, that can be accessed, then it wipes itself, or gets wiped on the next copy/paste.

If you use GBoard, you can access up to 5 previously saved texts, or portions of text, for up to 1 hour.

As above, if you want to save notes, or text, then use "Keep".

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

When the text is copied it's in the clipboard. It stays there until the clipboard is filled with something else or will be deleted when the phone is restarted.

Screenshot_20200608-135316.png