Join now - be part of our community!

HELP! My screen is dim and I cannot brighten it. What's wrong?

Vgof
Visitor

HELP! My screen is dim and I cannot brighten it. What's wrong?

I have had my z3 for a couple months now. Yesterday the screen dimmed down significantly and will not brighten back up no matter what I do. I have turned of "Auto Adjust" and all that. I have manually increased the screen brightness to maximum and it does not thing. The current brightness is good enough for indoor use in a area with not much light, but in a bright room or outside I can barely tell what is on the screen. I have powered the phone off and restarted it several times. It's like it is stuck in some kind of battery saving mode that it won't come out of. I made sure that all battery saving modes are turned off. Nothing effects the screen brightness no matter what I do. Please help!

14 REPLIES 14
MGibbins1
Visitor

I have a similar issue but I can't see my screen unless I hold a flashlight to it even on maximum brightness. Any suggestions? Everything is off and brightness is maximum and can't see the screen without a flashlight.

Ernik
Visitor

I tried what you explain I had off adaptive brightness and it works thank you sooo much 

Khar
Visitor

Translation via Google Translate:

Hi, I'm just asking why I'm just wondering why my brightness screen is dark how do I do it for you back then. Thanks

Hi,aqu po c karen rosales itatanong ko lang sana kung bakit po madilim ang brightness screen ko po paano ba gagawin ko po para po bumalik sa dati.salamat po

Big-1
Visitor

I change my damage Sony xperia L1 screen after my screen can not light but I can't see any thing unless with torchlight or flashlight. Is the problem my phone or the screen problem please help me

simpleminds
Visitor

My new Sony Xperia phone screen's light is dim, how do i fix it?