Join now - be part of our community!

Headset not supported

kellyh1991
Visitor

Headset not supported

I keep getting a message flash up in my phone saying the headset is not supported change headset or go to sony support page but couldnt see anything. Anyone have any idea what it could be

86 REPLIES 86
thahzin
Visitor

I hope you plugged a branded headset/earphone, me too had to face this problem from when i plugged in a earphone of a local quality. thats the time that message started showing. It was regular when ever i tried to connect that one. I faced this problem only with that one particular earphone rest of the earphone's works perfectly whether it's a local quality piece or a branded. It's seems to be showing for a while and now a day's it's ok and there is nothing. Seems to be it stopped by itself.

TT14
Visitor

This is so annoying and any method I try doesn't work when I plug headphones in it says headphones not supported use another headset or visit Sony mobile site

Skittler1
Visitor

Same problem.  The support team had me run a full software repair.  I then spent 2 hours rebuilding my phone only to find the same problem.  They then recommended sending the hardware for repair.  I eventually found these words of wisdom on another Sony site. 

"There are two major standards out there for headsets, OMTP and CTIA. Sony Ericsson phones follow the OMTP standard, while Sony phones follow the CTIA standard.

The difference of these two standards is the wiring to the 3,5mm plug. Therefore if you connect a CTIA headset to a Sony Ericsson phone you might get reduced functionality or it might not work at all. (Depending on accessory and phone model)"

I checked it out and my headset was OMTP and was never going to work.  Not impressed with the support team!

Eureox
Visitor

Here is my situation

I am using my brand new L2

Smart connect was not pre installed yet I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, no fix.

The headset I got with it only works at a certain angle and has to be constantly forced in to work

My other headset barely works in one ear

Sometimes neither work and I get the not supported message. Any help? 

leweiss
Visitor

My headset was working fine for a week when this message showed up. 

Sigh... help. 

sirajoalagai85
Visitor

Headsets not support my phone

Gulzari
Visitor

Try good to better

Aik1
Visitor

Nice one! 

@taha07 wrote:
Guys I have finally find the cure for this problem
GO to setting>apps>all apps>unsupported headset notifier and click disable there ur problem is solved
Visitor

Why my hadset not supported..? 

@kellyh1991 wrote:

I keep getting a message flash up in my phone saying the headset is not supported change headset or go to sony support page but couldnt see anything. Anyone have any idea what it could be

Visitor

My headset is not support