Join now - be part of our community!

Headset not supported

kellyh1991
Visitor

Headset not supported

I keep getting a message flash up in my phone saying the headset is not supported change headset or go to sony support page but couldnt see anything. Anyone have any idea what it could be

86 REPLIES 86
zzz119
Visitor

If you can't find alcohol to spray then use perfume or clones. They have iso propyl alcohol base so performs the same.
Atou
Visitor

Hi. I've been getting random "headset not supported. Visit sony....." message even if there isn't any plugged headsets on my phone.
I've even tried uninstalling smart connect but its still not working.
Teknikaali
Visitor

What finally helped me was to wipe the headphone plug (add some alcohol if you want..), plug it in, give it a little twist back and forth (to get dust and dirt out of the input socket). Finally blowing the headphone jack hole like some good ol' NES-cartridge made the messages go away. Also try uninstalling the updates if this doesn't help.
Dreamfires
Visitor

Im having to same problem on my Z1 and so my husband. Some days it fine not message pops up. Other days it's poping up all the time. Sony please fix this.
Abchief
Visitor

Disabling Unsupported Headset Notification app in your settings works. Not sure if this app will restart itself.
jky28
Visitor

SAME HERE. THIS "HEADSET NOT SUPPORTED" BUG IS REALLY ANNOYING. IT KEEPS ON POPPING UP!!! SONY PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS. IT'S UNTOLERABLE. ALSO PLEASE IMPROVE THE CAMERA OF Z1 COMPACT. It aggresively pumps up the ISO level in most cases using AUTO MODE. it is supposed to be SUPERIOR.

Kholoud
Visitor

Headsets not supported .. I try every thing Slightly_frowning_Face
After update software Slightly_frowning_Face
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Kholoud

Test a different pair of headphones and report back.

CameronT
Champion

Hi @Kholoud,

Welcome to the community. 

When you say you have tried everything, can you please advise us of the steps you have taken so far?

Can you also please advise us what headsets are not working with your phone?

Kholoud
Visitor

I tried more than one .. It dosen't work