Join now - be part of our community!

Headphones not recognised

SOLVED
rememberthistim
Visitor

Headphones not recognised

Has anyone had an issue with their phone not recognising when headphones are plugged in? I've found that my sennheiser over ear set aren't recognised, whereas my earbuds and the set in the box are.

Unfortunately my over ear ones are by far my preferred choice. The only noticeable difference is that the input on them is a couple of mm's shorter, but this has never previously caused am issue on other phones.

Hoping that either im missing something obvious or there is an easy fix for this.
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

Try to clear data for smart connect under settings-apps-all.Also,clean the 3.5mm input.

alexdon

View solution in original post

53 REPLIES 53
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

Try to clear data for smart connect under settings-apps-all.Also,clean the 3.5mm input.

alexdon
rememberthistim
Visitor

Thanks - Clearing the data for smart connect did the trick.  Much appreciated!

Neiltwo2
Visitor

I got the same issue, but clearing the data for smart connect did not work for me. The original ear pieces are connecting fine (but they keep falling out of my ears) and my normal AKG ones don't do anything

Wretchard
Visitor

No headphones will work for me. I cleared the data and cache but not working. Also updated Smart Connect and was able to get very very low volume but it stopped working after a couple of minutes. 

Did a factory reset but no fix.

I downloaded an app called Soundabout that will get my regular headphones working, but I specifically bought this phone to use with the noise cancelling headphones. Very disappointed that I have to use a third party app just to get headphones working.

This problem does not have a solution for me, although it says it does at the top of this thread.

Wretchard
Visitor

But now the volume is extremely low even with the Soundabout app.

AnaXperia
Visitor

I just got my phone and this is happening too. I tried my old headset from my Xperia Pro and they don't work. The ones that came with the Xperia z3 do work and other headset also work. but what is this bs of my old headset not being recognized? they are from sony xperia too!

Jay_mello
Visitor

Just wanted to say thanks for mentioning Soundabout. I have a pair of Bose MEI2s (the android ones, not the apple model). these worked fine on my old Samsung but weren't being recognised by my Z3 compact, however now I've installed Soundabout they're back. This was seriously annoying and the idea of spending more money for another set of decent earphones was taking the shine off the phone purchase.

Please sort this out Sony, I shouldn't have to have another service running in the background draining my battery in order to sort this out. Even if the mic on the headset is incompatible I should at least be allowed audio!
Wretchard
Visitor

I brought my phone to a Sony service center. They were fixed in 2 hours. But this breaking so fast doesn't give me much faith in the phone. The guy had to replace the headphone jack.

Rajesh1988
Visitor

Hi I'm facing the same problem. It is just 3-4 weeks after buying the phone. It looks like I made a wrong choice choosing the phone. I tried everything and the headphones doesn't seem to work