Join now - be part of our community!

headphone jack not working

SOLVED
HaiderAli97
Visitor

headphone jack not working

I recently bought a new Xperia Z1...
Had great time using it but suddenly on one unfortunate day, I found out that the phone no more recognizes any headphone.
I tried to clean the headphone jack.. AND it worked but after 3 minutes, phone wasn't able to recognize headphones not even SONY and beats.
Is it a software issue or something?!
Please help
61 REPLIES 61
Manasa1
Visitor

Hi.. I have been trying to make my head phones work with my Sony Experia z1.. But they haven't worked.. I'm very disappointed.. Few months ago I read ur comment about the app Soundabout and I tried it.. Still it didn't work for me.. Finally today I installed Soundabout again and I did some research on it.. It suddenly worked and I wondered...Thanks for ur information.. Greatwork... I tried to give kudos, but it says some script is missing in my browser..
Direrp
Visitor

It's working now
Direrp
Visitor

Try this

Go to Settings > Apps > Smart Connect > Press Clear Data and restart phone.
thankyousomuchd
Visitor

THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!
Thank you!!! i had problem my earphone stopped working i clean it.... and both of them stoped working.... i was desperate... and then you came sir! thank you 

Sivasethu
Visitor

the solution given by kulveer Singh is very helpfull. but should I need to buy the licensed app.??
Supremeleader
Visitor

@kulveer singh, I dont know who you are but bless you man Slightly_smiling_Face
Saramr
Visitor

Thank you so much dude. Its working fine for me. Slightly_smiling_Face Slightly_smiling_Face Slightly_smiling_Face

malhargarud
Visitor

You're right! I was using SoundAbout for almost 4 months since I was not able to find time to go to the Service Center; Finally, frustrated, I decided to have a look again at the forums, and your solution was the simplest one yet the only one I hadn't tried yet. It worked!! Can't tell you how happy I am! Thanks a lot!

xperiaM4-Aquaus
Visitor

this didnt work for me 😞

xperiaM4-Aquaus
Visitor

i uninstalled everything that i downloaded. basically did a factory reset and it picked up my headset but only for a few SECONDS