Join now - be part of our community!

capacity for NFC services full pop up after recent update.

SOLVED
mw82
Visitor

capacity for NFC services full pop up after recent update.

This pop up keeps appearing pretty much everytime I do anything on the phone...

Capacity for NFC services full. Not enough capacity to enable to service. Try disabling one or more services.

I tap change services and there is no service to disable and the capacity is 0%.

I don't use the NFC function and have never used it. I didn't even know what it was until this pop up problem started. Having Googled the problem, there seems to be a connection with banking apps but I don't have any.
This has happened ever since the most recent update a couple of days ago; it's either a massive coincidence or due to the update.

It's really starting to annoy me and I want to get it sorted. I've emailed customer service but no reply yet.

Any help at all would be massively appreciated.
40 REPLIES 40
Nick39
Visitor

I had the same issue on the Sony Z5 (mini)

was bugging me for weeks, just kept ignoring it, finally decided to Google it and got here

after reading the misleading title "Sorted" and reading peoples suggestions I rooted around the settings only to find the NFC was turned off, I switched it on, the message went away and hasn't come back since, not sure if that is an answer for others but seemed to work with mine Thinking_Face

TheCharles13
Visitor

Did this yesterday and so far so good!

TheCharles13
Visitor

Do the ultra stamina mode for best results 

amandaleeds
Explorer

Argh I'm getting all of this too! Stupid nfc error message, fast battery drain, taking ages to charge and overheating now when I charge in the car. On top of that, Google maps kept losing the gps all on the route this week 😣

Gordy_jdaniels
Visitor

It seems noone has a Cure for this? ?

The only cure maybe buying my a Samsung or iPhone. 

Gordy_jdaniels
Visitor

September 2018, and still no fix for this problem . So annoying . 

GregH
Visitor

Its really quite simple to solve.

Go to settings. Under Wireless and Networks, click more.

Turn on NFC.

Although you have nothing in there to share with other devices, this version of nougat wants it to be on by default.

Problem solved.

Gordy_jdaniels
Visitor

Hi, Greg. 

It really isn't that easy, as I do not wish to have my Nfc on at all times.  

It still happens when it is switched on any way. 

It hasn't happened for a little while anyway, not for about 2 weeks. Very intermittent. 

I have noticed that the charging issue is fixed after a recent update. Now the phone switches itself off when there's about 5% battery life,  so what ever charger I put in starts charging right away where as before it would only switch off at 0% then the phone wouldn't charge.

Anyway , you solution .  Sony need to sort this out as it is clearly a software issue.  But they don't have the decency to even contact me me, so I'm guessing that they would prefer me go and get a new phone.  Maybe it's a ploy like what iPhone did, make your phone so you have to go buy another!!! 

Tags (3)
AlexanderB
Visitor

I still have my Z5P from over two years ago - I've kept the phone in great condition and it looks like new.

However, this NFC issue was never fixed (despite the label to the OP's post). It probably will *never* be fixed. The only remedy I could find is to reboot the phone until the NFC dialog stops popping up.

Also, I had the headphone jack fixed last year and that's broken again. Seems like Sony's repair company just continued to use the same defective part that they used in the original manufacture.

It's been fun, Sony. Likely not again any time soon.

ewanb
Visitor

In case this is useful, this previously suggested solution did work for me. My phone was popping up with this every time I unlocked the screen, super annoying.

Go to settings and turn on NFC. Restart your phone. Go and turn off NFC. Seems to have worked so far...