Join now - be part of our community!

unlock bug

mtmtppp
Visitor

unlock bug

When I entered wrong passwoed after restarting my phone, the following message appeared. (I remember my correct password but I just missed typing)

So, I intended to enter "SONY" but I was not able to enter the word because only numeric keyboard was available.

What shoul I do to use normal keyboard?

Unlock Failed

You have entered an incorrect password, PIN or pattern 5 times. You have five more attemps before device will be factory reset.

To safely continue please Enter the following : SONY

15 REPLIES 15
mtmtppp
Visitor

Thank you, Strampke .

This time, I used Xperia Companion to reset my device.

Next time, I will try the method you showed me.

mtmtppp
Visitor

I asked to SONY customer service many times to solve this BUG. But they have not acknowledged this BUG at all. They only repeated "Enter correct PIN code". I have disappointed such an unuseful service.

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

The people at support are just call center people armoured with a solutions handbook, checking the problem -> solutions tree.

They are not allowed to express their personal opinion.

This is not just Sony.

It applies to Samsung, Apple, Wallmart, telecom, just name it.

This forum contains a lot of people who are curious, trying, testing, exploring.

That's why you can often find solutions here that go beyond the scope of the handbook.

That's why bugs are revealed in this area.

That's why official Sony people are living here; to escalate perceived problems to the developers.

That's why it takes some time before these changes appear in the solution trees of the support people in the call centers.

That's also why this forum offers a platform to consumers to express their frustrations, uncensored!

Best way for you and me as a consumer is to read the user guide and troubleshooting guide and explore.

Port of entrance is the Support App with which Sony is excelling amongst competitors.

mtmtppp
Visitor

The same bug has been reported since three years ago, however, SONY has not fixed this bug yet. Unfortunately, SONY has not received any feedback from this support forum.

profile.country.DK.title
YolleYeah
New

UX failed!

Got the onscreen keyboard but had to caps lock (long press) to type SONY in capital letters. It was not enough to hit shift before selecting the letter. It took me two hours to figure that out, unable to use my phone and close to panic thinking about not being able to ever accessing my apps a stuff on my phone.

Needless to say. This is the first and last time owning a Sony mobile phone!!!

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey YolleYeah, I'm so sorry for you, did it work? If not, try using the Xperia companion to reset your phone. If you backed up your data, you won't lose anything.