Join now - be part of our community!

Blank photos in album

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Anise1
Explorer

Blank photos in album

Hi I have Xperia XZ2 compact. Everything was going well until I changed the SD card then I found some of the pictures in my album couldn't  be

deleted, I fiddled around with things ejecting the card and reinserting then found some of the pictures were blank, black squares, can somebody explain why this is and how I can rectify it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Piscie
Community Team

Hi Anise1, did you take this screenshot from another phone other than your Xperia XZ2 compact? If so, that means the SD card is misbehaving. One reason you may still see a copy of your photo after you delete it is because your photo is synced to online syncing services such as Google Photos. If you use such an app on your phone, you will need to delete the photo from that app as well 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Piscie
Community Team

Hi @Anise1, for me, it seems to be a glitch with the SD card, have you tested it in a different phone? Or have you tried a different SD card? And you have restarted your phone, right?

profile.country.GB.title
Anise1
Explorer

Hi Piscine no I haven't tried using the SD card in another phone that I have ejected it from this one and the blank pictures are still there so it can't be on the SD card.

Screenshot_20231025-172534.png

Piscie
Community Team

Hi Anise1, did you take this screenshot from another phone other than your Xperia XZ2 compact? If so, that means the SD card is misbehaving. One reason you may still see a copy of your photo after you delete it is because your photo is synced to online syncing services such as Google Photos. If you use such an app on your phone, you will need to delete the photo from that app as well 

profile.country.GB.title
Anise1
Explorer

Hi Piscine I used only the one phone but saw the photos on Google that are blanks on the album. I deleted them from Google photos but the blanks are still on my album which I deleted, but when I try to delete the blank photos from the album it says "could not delete please try again"!

profile.country.GB.title
Anise1
Explorer

Hi Piscie the photos which were blank were photos that had been deleted, I solved the problem by putting the old SD card in and found that I could delete the blanks (where as I couldn't before) 

when I put the new card back in the blanks had gone.

What that was all about I have no idea about at least I've sold the problem. Thank you for your help.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey Anise1, glad to hear that! And thank you for updating the thread! This will be helpful for someone else.