Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia XA! Ultra - resize home and lock screen image

profile.country.GB.title
oldman1945
Explorer

Xperia XA! Ultra - resize home and lock screen image

Following a recent update my background image on the home and lock screens resized itself to a larger image and I cannot find a way of resizing back to a smaller image.  I have changed the image and the new image was oversize too, and when I changed back the original remained oversized,  I have executed both soft and hard re-starts but to no avail, so I am considering a complete reset but it is a last resort.

Any suggestions would be greatly received.

Oldman45

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

@oldman1945  do you experience something similar to this?

https://www.reddit.com/r/SonyXperia/comments/8ayihn/my_background_keeps_falling_down/

Until the old mobile forum is uploaded here, we cannot assist with other topics.

alexdon
profile.country.GB.title
oldman1945
Explorer

Hello Kudos

My one had operation was set to on but when I turned it off and restarted it did not correct the fault.

My problem is that although the background image looks great in preview setting when it is applied it enlarges so you cannot see the whole picture anymore.

Thanks for your prompt response and help.

Oldman1945

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

@Qatrium  @Lord_viridis any ideas?

@oldman1945 did you check with different images as well?

alexdon
profile.country.GB.title
oldman1945
Explorer

Hello Alexdon

Sorry I got your name wrong last time, but I'm learning😀.

Yes I tried a couple of other images.

Oldman1945

profile.country.US.title
Qatrium
Expert

Hello @oldman1945 

Do you use the default launcher (Xperia Home) or a third party launcher (Nova or similar)?

Do you have any Accessibility options enabled? Check Settings -> Accessibility (especially Display Size and Magnification).

profile.country.GB.title
oldman1945
Explorer

Hello Qatrium

I do not understand the first question about launchers.  I set may background (an image) by settings/appearance/wallpaper/album/select image/home and lockscreen.  Previously the image was shown on a grid for cropping and when I had finished the wallpaper showed the image I wanted.  Now following the same procedure, when you click done and go to the home screen the image has enlarged so that only part of the full image is in view.  I hope this clarifies.

As regards Accessibility my settings are Font size - large, Display size - default, Magnification - off.

I have tried altering Display size but this did not solve the problem, it only rearranged my app panes.

Thanks for your help so far.