Join now - be part of our community!

Where to buy a replacement hard drive for PCG-2A2M ??

nilechamp
Visitor

Where to buy a replacement hard drive for PCG-2A2M ??

Following the failure of my 5 month old machine Sony won't give or sell me a replacement hard drive. Apparently because I no longer live in UK. Anyone know what and where I can buy one ?

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

You have my sympathy. Sony do sell a worldwide warranty for an extra cost but it's a bit late for that now.

Probably a large number of SATA drives will fit and are quite inexpensive - the biggest problem with the Sony all-in-ones is getting into the case.

In order for us to give you specific help, can you give us the proper model number for your Vaio - it will be VGC-L****

I'm not sure if it is a standard (3.5 inch) drive or a notebook (2.5 inch) drive.

:thinking:

nilechamp
Visitor

The actual model number printed on the back of the computer is
'MODEL PCG-2A2M' I haven't been able to bring it up on the Sony web site but it appears identical to the L Series 19" VGC. It was purchased from Comet in late October last year

nilechamp
Visitor

Blencogo,
The Model is as I stated but to my dismay I have done a Google search and found absolutely nothing matching those numbers and letters. It looks a genuine Sony sticker on the back and did come from Comet, Scunthorpe.
Anyway I went through my paperwork and the quick start guide sent with the machine is for a
VGC-LM
and it appears identical to those on the Sonny web site. Incidently Comet no longer sell this style!