Join now - be part of our community!

VGX-XL202 AUDIO NOT WORKING IN THE HDMI

negoziatore77
Visitor

VGX-XL202 AUDIO NOT WORKING IN THE HDMI

I have a problem with HDMI , the video is ok but the audio is not working...

I use a HDREAY PIONEER KURO 42" PDP-4280XD WITH HDCP 1.3 the audio is not working...

There is any fix ?

I have vaio update... updated.

6 REPLIES 6
ChalkyWhite71
Visitor

Hello and welcome to Club Vaio!

Have you tried running stac97.cpl from the Run command? Go to the second tab at the top (is it advanced, can't remember) and check whether Dolby Dig checkbox is checked, if it is remove it. This is sending audio down the optical out, which you'd normally connect to an AV receiver.

I have stac97 as a shortcut on my desktop, as i'm always switching between amped sound and basic TV sound.

Good luck, Tony

negoziatore77
Visitor

I try to deselect SPDIF OUTPUT , but the problem, is the same.. no audio on the HDMI display.

I upgrade firmware for the NVIDIA 7600GT but the problem is the same.
Now I have firmware rev. 2.6 code 6

I'd like to know if this problem is a NVIDIA DRIVER OR FIRMWARE PROBLEM OR it's an AUDIO DRIVER PROBLEM.

I'm alone with this issue ?

ChalkyWhite71
Visitor

for your reference i have the GeForce 7600 GTL, BIOS 5.73.22.40.06, forceware version 86.15

Do you have the same ForceWare version?

I do use Sony Bravia screen, so don't know whether the Pioneer may have a compatibility issue. You could try buying a more expensive HDMI cable, as those that come with units are sometimes cheap.

Regards, Tony

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi negoziatore77

welcome to Club VAIO.. :slight_smile:

there is a HDMI Software Update Version 071025a that may resolve the issue of no audio when a PC is connected to an HDMI 1.3 equipped display..

Unfortunately I'm not sure if the HDMI update is compatible with your XL series you'll need to contact Sony Vaio support to request the update you can do this either by phone Mon - Fri or via e-Support, use the following link to find the contact details: Sony Vaio Support

negoziatore77
Visitor

I use this firmware update...but the problem is the same...

HDMI Software Update 071128

This program will update HDMI firmware to resolve the issue of no audio being output through HDMI when the PC is connected to an HDMI 1.3 equipped display.

When I make firmware upgrade I need to change the driver for the nvidia?

Here my actual setting:

Windows XP SP2

Version Forceware: 156.65
BIOS VIDEO:5.73.22.40.06
Memory:256MB
DRIVER VERSION: 6.14.11.5665

Thejazzyman
Visitor

Hi,

I have my 202 hooked up to a Harman Kardon 745 receiver and get the same problem. Viveo great but no audio. I was told by the people at HK that there were compatability problems with the 202. I use an optical cable instead for the sound. Works fine but shame to have to use another lead.