Join now - be part of our community!

VGN-FW11E ATI Driver Problems

Smokinjoe
Visitor

VGN-FW11E ATI Driver Problems

Just wondering if anyone else is having problems with the ATI Drivers for the Mobile Radeon HD 3400? Mine keeps crashing out on me with a pop up from the task bar saying the driver has encountered a problem but has been recovered. Sometimes it does recover but lately it had BSOD on me... Need Help please!..

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
tonybeard
Explorer

Only use the drivers from Vaio Update Utility via the Vaio Link website. The hardware is Vaio specific and needs to have Vaio flavour of drivers for the system to be stable. If they don't make the drivers for it then ATI catalyst may work if you create a restore point but I wouldn't be a safe bet

Smokinjoe
Visitor

Thanks for the reply but i found the Sony Drivers poor and outdated, their performance is really not up to scratch. I hate the way the drivers for these cards are only updated by Sony and not ATI or other card manufactures.

I have just installed ATIs latest drivers with a little help from Mobility Modder.NET . They have a fantastic tool which modifies the standard desktop drivers so they can be installed on Mobility cards. Works a treat, stable and much better performance all round. So dump the Sony stock drivers and get yourself up to date.

:laughing: