Join now - be part of our community!

UPGRADE VIDEO CARD ON LV1S

barclays
Visitor

UPGRADE VIDEO CARD ON LV1S

Hi I wonder if someone can help. I recently bought a LV1S and while there are many good points to the PC I was unimpressed with the video quality. I was watching some online streaming video and the quality was very low. I thought that maybe it was my internet connection so watched some movies through Windows Media, again the video quality was very low. I contacted the Sony Vaio support and they suggested that I contact Windows. I was wondering if anybody have any solutions or whether it is posible to upgrade the video card. Many Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi barclays and welcome.

You do not have a PCI video card, you have a mobile GPU. Because of this I don't think you can upgrade the graphics.

Unless you have a faulty unit, this should not be necessary as your GPU should handle HD video without difficulty.

What sort of files are you trying to play? Where are you streaming them from? How fast is your broadband?

Have you tried playing a straight blu-ray or dvd disc?

:thinking:

barclays
Visitor

Thanks for reply. I am slightly ignorant with computers. I had a mac before and when streaming videos the quality was always great, I used to use Real Player. So when I bought my Sony I was expecting the qaulity to be just as good. My broadband speed is exaclty the same same, I use Sky Broadband with 18meg. Playing BlueRay disks is perfect.