Join now - be part of our community!

TZ31WN - 3G Modem Not Found

ZeroK66
Visitor

TZ31WN - 3G Modem Not Found

Hi Guys,

Had my TZ31 a couple weeks now... a few issues so far - first one as per the subject...

My original installation of Vista did now show a 3G modem being installed, nothing was listed in device manager. I searched online and everything suggested it should be displayed under device manager. I tried installing a SIM, but this made no difference. I tried various software to locate it (Globe trotter etc) and I got an error message device not found etc.

I scrapped my software install and did a fresh installation of Vista. Still nothing found (and I didnt create a restore disk and so have 1 unknown device left (SNY5001 - as a side note anyone know where I can find the driver for this?). I still have the same problem - device not found.

I have tried the Sony Smart Network Manager and this only detects the Wifi, Modem and Ethernet.

Am I missing something or does this appear to be faulty?

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Still nothing found (and I didnt create a restore disk and so have 1 unknown device left (SNY5001 - as a side note anyone know where I can find the driver for this?). I still have the same problem - device not found.

Hi ZeroK66,

welcome to Club VAIO.. :slight_smile:

You're Vaio has a hidden HDD recovery partition so as long as it has not been deleted you should be able to recover your Vaio back to the original installed OS and programs just as it was when you first used your Vaio.

To do this Start your Vaio and when you see the Vaio logo screen press F10 repeatedly this normally would start the recovery process..

If after the recovery you are still unable to locate the 3G modem then I suggest you contact Sony Vaio support, you can do this either by phone or via e-Support, use the following link to find the contact details: Sony Vaio Support