Join now - be part of our community!

sony vaio fw21m vertical viewing angle

yatsumoto
Visitor

sony vaio fw21m vertical viewing angle

Hello.Just bought a sony vaio fw21m.The notebook could have been great but I have encountered some problems:
1. The vertical viewing angle is very narrow.For example,if I am looking at a movie, I see the upper part of the screen well but the lower part(lower 20%) appears dim and grey.Is there any way I can improve it?Watching movies is not a pleasing experience on my vaio.The speakers are horrible aswell.My mum's 300$ notebook has a better sound system(I compared them side by side).
2. The black color is not displayed correctly.It is not even black.I don't know if I can explain it.Look at a pitch black image on your sony vaio fw series and you'll know what I mean.
3. Scratches.I take extra good care of my notebook,but some scrathes appeared on the lower part of the vaio,near the touchpad.I believe that there are not enough rubber nubs placed around the screen.
4. Graphics.The Radeon HD 3470 sucks.Literally.It is a very cheap graphic card.Wonder why didn't Sony include a better one(even a 3600series) in this pretty high-end laptop.I paid 1000$ for it.I can't even play World of Warcraft with 2xAA and shadows.GTA4 at low details and the lowest resolution available(800x600) doesn't run smoothly(15fps).My 4 yr old computer rig with a Radeon x800 handles these games a lot better...Is there any way I could change the video card?I don't care if my warranty will expire.
I am most interested in advice regarding the viewing angle.It just doesn't seem right,but maybe it is because of the fact that the screen is glossy...
Thank you for your time.

0 REPLIES 0