Join now - be part of our community!

Re: Sony Vaio and Windows Vista. EVERYTHING you need in this thread! Hotkeys fix, official patch from MS. Whine fix, make your VAIO run silent

KarlO
Visitor

Re: Sony Vaio and Windows Vista. EVERYTHING you need in this thread! Hotkeys fix, official patch from MS. Whine fix, make your VAIO run silent

Hi,

I've just restored my SZ4 to original setup (Vista Business), with all Vaio and Windows Vista Updates. However, I'm unable to complete the setup of Vista Ultimate upgrade - purchased via Vaio Windows Anytime Upgrade in June 2007. The license was stored in my digital locker but when I try to reinstall it I get the message "Upgrade has been disabled,...... cancel the installation and then choose to upgrade to a version of windows that is more recent than the one you are currently running"

I have a copy of the original order confirmation showing I've paid Club Vaio Sony Europe for the upgrade but the contact details for vaio support are no longer valid. Microsoft have managed to pass me through numerous departments, including getting me to phone the US, then refered me back to Sony who eventually decided it was Microsoft's responsibility.

Any ideas? Or is there an alternative contact address, the one supplied with my order confirmation was info@vaio.windowsanytmeupgrade-emea.com

Many thanks, Carlo

0 REPLIES 0