Join now - be part of our community!

Profiling monitors and how will it affect the S2 button for Film Mode?

alekoo8
Explorer

Profiling monitors and how will it affect the S2 button for Film Mode?

Hi everyone,

OK. I have decided to stick with Vista for a bit longer, as talking to the guy at Getrag Macbeth, you can allegedly profile different monitors on the same machine. Something XP could never do without some heavy tweaking.

My question is... the 1920x1200 (1080) Dual LED Displays on the AR series notebooks are reasonably well calibrated and can nearly display the entire AdobeRGB colour space. Now if i profile the monitor to be more accurate for critical photo use, how will it affect High Definition movie play back AND, video editing?

After profiling, will the S2 for Film Mode button change the display to the native Vivid settings or will it be relative to the new colour profile?

I guess i should really just give it a go and report back.

Short_Round.

1 REPLY 1
alekoo8
Explorer

Happy New Year! Sorry for not posting back.

As far as Profiling my display with an i1Photo, it's worked beautifully. The native colour profile is a little cool but quite close to 6500K. The S2 Film Mode works ok, although it's too contrasty for movies on an LCD screen.

It really does shine in Photoshop and it's almost there. It'll never be as good as a dedicated monitor designed for critical photographic work, but it is a laptop afterall.

After moaning about the new reflective coatings on laptop monitors i'm getting used to it. It's just a shame i'm having so many problems with Media Center and the IR Remote.