Join now - be part of our community!

PLEASSSE HELP ME ABOUT VGN-NR31/S GRAPHIC CARD.......

ARISFC
Visitor

PLEASSSE HELP ME ABOUT VGN-NR31/S GRAPHIC CARD.......

:laughing: PLEASE HELP ME I BOUGHT BEFORE 2MONTHS THIS MODEL VGN-NR31E/S AND I TRY TO PLAY COUPLE OF GAMES AS CALL OF DUTY4 AND FALLOUT...BUT I HAVE PROBLEM WITH MY GRAPHIC CARD(MOBILE INTEL GRAPHICS MEDIA ACCELERATOR X3100) COULD ANYBODY SAY TO ME IF THERE IS ANY SOLUTION TO PLAY THESE GAMES?OR IF I CANT...I WANT TO KNOW IF I CAN CHANGE THE GRAPHIC CARD WITH ANOTHER TO PLAY THE MOST GAMES...PLEASE HELP ME I AM DESPERT!!!!!THANKS!!!!!! :smileygrin:

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi ARISFC and welcome to Club Vaio.

The Intel X3100 graphics chipset will play some games but not the most modern ones. The NR-Series is an entry level PC and is not designed for playing advanced games. The problem is that most laptops with integrated graphics have some difficulty at full resolution and unless you buy a very expensive laptop, you will always be better off buying a desktop computer if you are going to play games seriously.

Unfortunately you cannot change the graphics chipset as it is part of the motherboard.

Have a look at the advice on the Intel website here: -

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/intelgm965/sb/CS-026200.htm

You will see that COD2 is listed to run at VGA resolution 640X480.

:slight_frown:

ARISFC
Visitor

so you suggest me to sell this laptop and buy another????i am very sad...its the first one in my life...can i change my motherboard???i dont care if its expensive in logical placeses...!!thanks for your help!!!!!