Join now - be part of our community!

Optimal resolution and font size for VAIO AW Series??

dk00
Visitor

Optimal resolution and font size for VAIO AW Series??

Hi all,

I have a VGN-AW11Z/B, the highest resolution in the series. I use the native resolution (1920 x 1080) and a 120 DPI size, because the default font is too small. Microsoft programs and Vista utilities display fine, although the IE7 doesn't render some web sites as well as I'd expect (and certainly worse than my IE7 on a lower-res PC with XPPro SP2 and 96-DPI fonts).

The big problem is that most other apps have display problems, including the preinstalled Vaio utilities. E.g. Photoshop menu bar is not visible (only a >> character), VAIO Update buttons at bottom are hidden, etc. I tried a couple of lower res settings but they didn't look good on the AW amazing screen.

Has anyone found a solution to making fonts bigger on AW without compromising the display quality? Although I love the AW wide screen, it's very frustrating that, in non-multimedia use, it looks worse (and occasionally annoying to the eyes) compared to a standard 1280x1024 monitor on an XP desktop.

Many thanks

ps: The 120 DPI setting has the "XP compatibility" flag on, as recommended for older apps. Without it, apps like iTunes, don't work.

0 REPLIES 0