Join now - be part of our community!

Media Center IR Remote issues again

alekoo8
Explorer

Media Center IR Remote issues again

Hi everyone,

Happy New Year to you all. Bit of a crap start to the year already as my Media Center IR Remote has stopped working. Well, the red LED confirm light still flickers, but my machine doesn't respond.

It's annoying as everything was going ok over Christmas and i was beginning to enjoy using it as a Media Center machine in the living room. But yesterday we were watching movies around 4pm and the IR Remote had stopped working. I'd checked to see if any Windows Updates had occured and lo-and-behold a Windows Defender update was showing at 2h19pm. The weird thing is there were some error messages in the system tray and Windows Defender and McAfee had been disabled. =o(

In Device Manager there's an Unknown USB device and i can't roll-back the drivers, nor anything. It looks like i'm going to have to restore myu C:\ again. AND, why can't i just restore the drivers using the Sony Restore disks i'd created. I guess i should really use my machine as a work PC and store all my data on a NAS and not locally as i can restore C:\ whenever i need to.

Anyone got any advice for me? Or has anyone found somewhere i can download the drivers? Anyone got a fix? Just desperate to hear what the Sony Guru's think... please?

0 REPLIES 0