Join now - be part of our community!

How Do You Update Intervideo Windvd BD for Vaio?

heraldicone
Visitor

How Do You Update Intervideo Windvd BD for Vaio?

Hello

I have the FW 21E Vaio and am having problems with outputting Blu Ray discs from it to my external TV screen(I can't get sound but do get pictures).

One of the things I wanted to do was update the WinDVD player just to make sure that there hadn't been any bugs fixed since the last update that might cure my problem, but having looked around the player itself I can't see any obvious "Update" button. Can anyone point a computer non genius in the direction of how to check and see if there are any upgrades for this particular player? Or is it updated automatically?

FWIW the version I have SEEMS to be 8.0 DXVA BO9.670.

Thanks very much for any help in advance.

heraldicone

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.en_GB.title
micdonal
Visitor

I think you have the latest version. The program is updated through Vaio Update.

heraldicone
Visitor

Ah, OK. Many thanks for that help.

profile.country.en_GB.title
micdonal
Visitor

You're welcome. I've just re-installed Vista and could remember the update to that version.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi heraldicone,

an easy way to check if there are new updates for your Vaio is by using Vaio Update..

Vaio Update should list any updates that haven't yet been installed on your vaio and also if you click on 'Update programs which have been already installed' you can see a list of previously installed updates.

Vaio Update can be found by clicking Start then Vaio Update and finally clicking on the Go to Vaio website link..

Or by clicking on the Vaio Update icon in the system tray next, normally located on the right of your Taskbar.