Join now - be part of our community!

FE31Z - Sony battery not recognized, not charging

ktulufr
Visitor

FE31Z - Sony battery not recognized, not charging

Hello,

Since I came back from vacation during which I did not use my Vaio, I am facing a battery problem : first time I rebooted, the battery was not recognized (original Sony battery that was shipped with my Vaio) and since I played a bit with ISBMger.exe (Sony utility to prevent non Sony battery to work (?) ), the battery remains at 0% and does not charge any longer. I googled different keywords related to battery not working any longer but I could not find a solution so far. I'd appreciate if you heard about this before and if you could help me on this matter before I phone the Sony support on this issue.

Thanks ! :slight_smile:

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi ktulufr ,

welcome to Club VAIO.. :slight_smile:

A simple way to check if this is a battery or possible hardware problem is to take your Vaio to a local stockist and ask if you can try another battery in your Vaio..

ktulufr
Visitor

Well, I guess I would have prefered to find another way based on other users' experience but if that's the only way to find a solution, I'll do it :slight_smile:

Thanks for the tip though !

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Well, I guess I would have prefered to find another way based on other users' experience but if that's the only way to find a solution, I'll do it  :slight_smile: 

Hi,

based on previous experience this has proved the simplest way to determine whether your problem is a battery or hardware problem.. :wink:

ktulufr
Visitor

Excellent news, thanks again !

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Excellent news, thanks again !

You're welcome, let us know the outcome..

ktulufr
Visitor

Hi,

Since our last exchange, I had the opportunity to talk to the French Sony support team. Batteries are not covered by the warranty wherever the problem is coming from constant charge (like on http://aplus.rs/sony/sony-sz1xpc-battery-problem-resolved/ ) or would it be a hardware problem (coming from the battery, I could not test if this is the Vaio itself).

I am rather disapointed and my last change is to check with another battery if this will work: 199,65€ (from Sony support) is rather expensive and unless going to a local reseller where I might be able to test, I won't have other choices.

I don't know when I will be able to visit a reseller but sure I will keep you posted.