Join now - be part of our community!

Blue screen event followed by RAID 0 volume is failing - what next?

profile.country.en_GB.title
pefaulk35
Visitor

Blue screen event followed by RAID 0 volume is failing - what next?

What a nightmare.

I bought this Sony Vaio AR51SU laptop in Feb 2008.

It was bloody hard work setting it up with all those ridiculous Vista driver updates (Why can't you just set it to work striaght from the box???).

Now with the latop on in font of me... not being used for anything it suddenly crashes - goes to blue screen - and returns after re-booting with a RAID 0 volume is failing error message.

This is the crash report:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name:BlueScreen
OS Version:6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID:2057

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode:8086
BCP1:00000000
BCP2:00000000
BCP3:00000000
BCP4:00000000
OS Version:6_0_6001
Service Pack:1_0
Product:256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini010909-01.dmp
C:\Users\Pete\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-64288-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\Pete\AppData\Local\Temp\WER582D.tmp.version.txt

The Intel matrix storage console reports RAID 0 volume is failing and I should do a backup immediately. I've tried to backup, but it halts with an error message.

So what the bloody hell do I do now?

I've hardly used this computer over the past 11 months. I have taken good care of it with a cooling stand and quality case. It hasn't been dropped, knocked or mis-treated in anyway.

I vowed never to spend another second of my precious life trying to resolve yet another hardware problem. This is why I spent fortune buying what was supposed to be a well built quality product.

I would like you to take the machine back, sort out the problem or give me refund so I can buy something more reliable.

What a croc o' sh1t - someone needs to put up a blog and warn people off from buying these things.

Pete

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Pete,

welcome to Club VAIO.. :slight_smile:

Have you installed the SATA Driver Intel 8.5Sus_A - 8.5.0.1032 update.?

If not use the following link to download: SATA Driver Intel8.5Sus_A - 8.5.0.1032

How do I install the update?
1. Exit all running programs.
2. Download this update and save it to your hard drive.
3. When the download is completed, locate the downloaded file in the location you specified.
4. Double-click EP0000165409.exe to run it.
5. Wait while the wizard updates your software.
6. When the installation is complete, shut down the VAIO completely before starting again.