Join now - be part of our community!

Blu-ray discs to TV from FW21

DruM90
Visitor

Blu-ray discs to TV from FW21

I have one problem so far with my VGN-FW21E. I bought it this week with the intention of using it to play Blu-ray DVD's outputing to my HDMI input on the Bravia. It sees the TV but will not play the the Blu-ray disc but gives the message "STOP Your display environment does not support protected content playback." I guess it is some protection to avoid misuse but surely I can use this laptop as a player? The disc is the correct Zone and I am using the provided Intervideo WINDVD BD for Vaio. I can find nothing on their site.

Anyone with any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.en_IE.title
sonypass33
Visitor

You'll probably need to Fn + F7 (or whatever the screen key is) to turn off the laptop monitor as HDMI won't allow the movie to show on 2 screens at the same time

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi DruM90

welcome to Club VAIO.. :slight_smile:

normally the "Your display environment does not support protected content playback." message appears if you are trying to displaying your Blu-Ray movie on both your TV and Vaio..

Have you tried pressing the FN & F7 key and selecting HDMI only, you can only watch blu-ray movies on either your Vaio or TV not both together.

DruM90
Visitor

I tried it and now glorious HD TV.

thanks

Dru

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

You're welcome Dru.. :slight_smile: