Join now - be part of our community!

xperia p black screen

SOLVED
highsider
Visitor

xperia p black screen

High can anyone help out there.

My xperia p screen just went black for no reason phone was charged but when I pressed the power button to light the screen nothing happened. the light bar did light up but sreen did nothing. I carried out the force close procedure and phone vibrated to incate it worked. I power back on but screen still doesnt work.

I also tried follow the procedure I found in another discussion here.

ie through pc compannion (repairphone) but when I get to the stage of holding the vol down button and then connecting phone usb nothing happens.

It is not recogniseing the connection so nothing is happening it wont go to the next stage of the update.the red light at the ear piece comes comes on after i have released the vol down button:smileyconfused:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

connect your phone to a wall charger > press and hold power & volume up for 8 seconds > let it charge for 1 hour > after one hour try to either turn it on or repair it

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

connect your phone to a wall charger > press and hold power & volume up for 8 seconds > let it charge for 1 hour > after one hour try to either turn it on or repair it

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

if you want to repair your phone

Update Service (SUS)

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/update-service/

http://www-support-downloads.sonymobile.com/Software%20Downloads/Update_Service_Setup-2.11.12.5.exe

PC Companion (PCC)

Bridge (for Mac)

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

Don't forget to mark the Correct Answers & Helpful Answers

highsider
Visitor

Thanks uliwooly I wil try these methods now and let you know how I get on

highsider
Visitor

Carried out repair of phone and phone booted up no problem. After about 3/4 minutes screen went black again and wont come back on. I tried force close (power/vol up) and tried to turn phone on again . phone vibrates to indicate on and the lights in the bar at bottom come on but screen wont boot up. carried out repair again but still the same no screen at all this time

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

take it to a Sony repair center.

ViVi21
Visitor

Thanks Much Uliwooly!! You are a saviour... I had the same problem and tried your suggestion. The phone is back up again! Slightly_smiling_Face

Thanks,

Vinay

aamir123
Visitor

Hello everyone,

The solution given above doesn't sort out the problem for me. I charged the phone with wall charger for more than an hour, the LED did turn on. Now after one hour when I switched on the phone it just vibrated once, the LED went off and nothing else happened. Not even the SONY logo. But the phone does look like it is switched on (from a side angle).

The problem seems to be in the display panel since I had opened the back cover and removed the battery a couple of days ago. The red light in the proximity sensor keeps on blinking very often. Maybe that would help any of you to guess the fault.

An early reply would be highly appreciated.

Regards.

Rajroamer
Visitor

Hi there,
Same thing happened to my xperia P
My xperia P battery was weak and was not giving me enough backup, so I replaced the battery at sony service center.

It worked well for few days and one day while taking some images, the phone just died!
It didn't turn on
I tired Power + Volume up button
It vibrated once and after few seconds vibrated 3 times
I turned it on and it vibrated once but nothing happened!

On turning on, the display backlit turns on but the screen remains black and No SONY logo appears
and the backlit stays on like that until the battery dies
Battery is charging as I plug it into the mains, Notification LED turns on Red then after sometime turns Orange and after few hours turns Green!!

No audio, No transparent bar lights nothing turns on
Just LCD backlit with black screen
It can't be turned of by simply pressing power button 
I've to press power+vol up button and have to wait for those 3 vibrations to turn it off!

Phone can be connected to a computer in flashmode
I tried flashing stock firmware using flashtool
It showed sucessful on computer but still nothing happened!

I also used sony PC companion to repair the device
It showed sucessfully reapired...Still no display..

I went to service center and the guy there like sniffed the phone and said LCD is damaged and we've to replace it!
I feel like LCD is not damaged because if LCD is dead it might not display anything but it must show any other sign like LED notificaitons, rings when I get calls, trasparent bar lights etc.. atleast backlit should be automatically turned of after few seconds!

I told him that and then he just said "yes...yes, you're right...The motherboard is dead...we've to replace it!!"

And I was like what the...
He doesn't even know what he is doing 
So I left the service center

Now I don't know what to do!
I googled and tried almost every solution I found on the net
I even opened the back and removed battery flex cable and left it like that for an hour still no luck...

Anyone here please help
Thank you

Sharjeel82
Visitor

Remove back cover.
Disconnect battery.
Connect battery.
Power ON mobile.
When vibrate than disconnect button panel jack.
After that mobile work properly. But buttons not working.
I don't know why button panel conflict with screen.
Any idea?