Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia ACE 3 for Europe

profile.country.SE.title
MrSony
New

Xperia ACE 3 for Europe

Will the Xperia ACE 3 be sold in the EU? I'm desperately searching for a small phone but there is no new one available. Every phone is about 6" and above. I don't want to drag around a 6" tv and be constantly distracted from real life. 4-5" would be perfect. Else i'l have to order a bunch of ACE 3 from Japan to me and my friends who're also searching for small phones.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.RO.title
ghenceaRO
New

I'm also looking for this kind of mobile under 6" and this is the only one I've found (of course besides iPhone mini). Try this ebay link. I hope they will release an international model like this one.

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/284853381165?hash=item425295a82d:g:vV0AAOSw82dipsGq

profile.country.GB.title
Amanda2
New

I too am hoping this will be for sale in UK.. Would you plz keep me informed if you find anything out? 🤔 😁 Thankyou

profile.country.GB.title
Sirch777
Explorer

With the announcement that an Ace 4 is on the cards & likely to be released to Europe,  Ive noticed NEW Ace 3 models become available for international shipping on ebay (UK) from Japan for around £130- £160 pounds. - I ordered one all inclusive shipping & took 5 days to land in London. (luckily no customs charges - whew 🙂

Phone was great in the hand as expected for a smaller phone which I prefer to these 6" everything else on the market, it's also noticeably light in weight which also feels good. I got all my apps onto it which took me up to 54GB of 64GB  (Im not a gamer), I did notice it was a little behind in comparison to my Oneplus Nord CE 2 (but naturally as the latter ahs much faster processor - but hey, the Xperia Ace 3 is quick enough and you will naturally get used to it and not even notice the difference after a day or 2 when moving from a quicker processor phone).

The unfortunate points & overall 2nd Critical point.
1) The camera isnt that great , ok I was taking my test photos indoors with a corner light on in the room as it was dark outside, but you do notice the faded colours and noise .  But ok, I could live with that as I dont take alot of photos really.

2) But as per the next critical issue, I noticed I was initially getting a single bar on my 4G network signal at home (meanwhile take out my sim and back into my general UK phone Oneplus, and I get at least 3 bars strength - I appreciate the amount of bars can be subjective on how the manufacturer has programmed their software to depict the strength and not necessarily a weaker signal compared to other manufacturer's,  but I could feel it was struggling to get the Youtube to play etc when compared to my oneplus which had no issues from same location with same sim.  (also next day going into work, I ended up in an area which could only get EDGE (E) signal, which was completely unusable,  not even whatsapp would work.

Consensus: I suspect as the phone was solely for the Japanese market I looked up the frequency bands the handset has, and it only has a minimal range of bands & therefore would be dependant on my my UK network provider (Vodafone) supporting these limited frequency bands & hence the resultant E only connection  😞
(OR otherwise, had I really just landed up with a fault phone ? )

Anyway, returned to sender - back to Japan - and grateful the seller reimbursed my postage :slight_smile:

I still loved it's compactness & lightweight - and all such phones in such dimensions - So I will wait for the Ace 4 to arrive for hopefully the European/UK market (& naturally supporting a larger range of localized frequency bands)  - whilst also, the Ace 4 will intended to come with better camera & increased storage from 64GB to 128GB) - which would then be the perfect great feelings in the hand sized phone 🙂