Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Xperia G3311

profile.country.GB.title
graemeandroid
New

Sony Xperia G3311

Hello I hope you can help.

I have a Sony Xperia G3311. It is running Android v7.0 and I am told that it is fully up to date.  My bank however now says it only supports Android v8.0 or later. so my banking app is no longer available.

Is there a way to update the O/S to Android v8.0  The auto updates dont apply this upgrade.

The build number is 43.0.A.7.106 Kernal 3.18.35+

I read that I can apply a custom ROM but I am not familiar with this process or where I can find this.  Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Kind Regards

Graeme

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

I know this isn't what you asked but the best advice anyone can give you is to buy a new device.
profile.country.GB.title
graemeandroid
New

Hello,

Thanks for the reply.  I take the point.  The phone is actually my Dad's and I wanted to help out rather than having him buying a new phone for the sake of one app.  My other concern in general is this approach of just buy a new device is not great when it comes to protecting the planet.  Little wonder we have the problems we do when the answer is to just through perfectly good kit away.  There has to be a way to upgrade the device surely.  I will keep digging thanks again.

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius
profile.country.FR.title
JuaSiq
Explorer

Hi Graeme.

I have a G3312, same as your father’s but dual SIM. I understand your interest on keeping this advice, it’s a great machine. I bought it the year of it’s launch and I still use it.