Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Ericsson ELM Facebook + Twitter Widgets not working

SOLVED
Not applicable

Sony Ericsson ELM Facebook + Twitter Widgets not working

Hi there, i got my Elm today and all works apart from the Facebook and Twitter Widgets.

The Internet is all set up and i can get on websites, its just the widgets that do not work!

It signs me it but then just says 'Failed' and its all blank.

What can I do to make it work?

Andy.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jeff
Enthusiast

Hi,

This can typically be an issue with your internet settings. You require FULL internet access (HTTP) to use these widgets. What you may have now is WAP access.

You'll need to contact your carrier to find out their HTTP internet settings.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Jeff
Enthusiast

Hi,

This can typically be an issue with your internet settings. You require FULL internet access (HTTP) to use these widgets. What you may have now is WAP access.

You'll need to contact your carrier to find out their HTTP internet settings.

Not applicable

Hello guys, I am happy to say that my internet access is full HTTP i think, i mean i use Virgin mobile and use their settings quite alright, and the scrolling widget works.

I do wonder about the facebook app though, when i have that running and my email syncing it slows the phone right down, to the point where i am writing an email and the typing lags behind. if i disable the facebook app or the email one works smoothly, but not both together. i know the phone is relatively new, its pointless re installing the same software is it?

when will an update come to fix this? also picture dont upload and the whole facebook app needs speeding up in general.

notifications, is there such a thing on this app? many thanks in advance

Peter