Join now - be part of our community!

I'm thinking of changing from Galaxy S8 to Xperia Pro i, but i have a few questions...

profile.country.GB.title
martin868

I'm thinking of changing from Galaxy S8 to Xperia Pro i, but i have a few questions...

Iv'e became so used to certain features on my S8 that I don't really want to lose even though i'm changing my smartphone brand. The first feature I like on my Galaxy  S8 is the hidden navigation option which i have enabled opposed to the visable 3 button touch icons "open apps", "home" and "back", where I can simply swipe upwards from the bottom of the screen to either go to open apps, go home or go back. From what I see on Xperia phones, the navigation icons are either always visible, or I see a long thin while line which indicates the home button. 

So is there a way to totally hide these icons permanently, and use swipe gestures? after all we all know where these buttons/functions are located even if they are invisable!

I fear the icons will in time burn into the oled if they are always visable, and i prefer a clean screen without anything i don't want to see there. Same goes foor the big google search bar, can this be relocated to a different page instead of the home screen?

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
martin868

Nobody has an answer?

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @martin868,

you can select between the three options you mentioned - maybe there is even a developer setting to make the line (the option you would probably prefer) even more faint than it is (normally it is grey-ish instead of bright white anyways) or remove it completly.

I personally use the three symbol option and use my Xperia 5 since it's release for 6 to 8 hours per day, usually at 50% brightness (except when using it as GPS for driving during the day, then it is set to 80-100%). Don't have the faintest hint of burn in (as oppose to a colleague at work who has his keyboard burned into his Samsung S9 - but he uses very high brightness all the time), so I would say that this is not actually an issue. Additionally as the icons/bar disappear in certain apps (e.g. watching videos and so on).

Regarding the Google search bar - you can toggle it to not be there at all - just long press anywhere on the home screen where there is no app and open the settings.

- Nic