Join now - be part of our community!

How do you sync contacts and bookmarks with at&t Xperia X10?

SOLVED
Not applicable

How do you sync contacts and bookmarks with at&t Xperia X10?

I utilize a Sony Vaio SZ series notebook withXP SP3 and Windows Outook (with Office Pro 2003).  How will I be able to sync my mobile phone contacts and bookmarks from previous SE phone models that are saved on my hard drive and put them into the new Xperia X10?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Everyone's help is greatly appreciated,so thank you for your time and effort into this important matter.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
wfaddah
Visitor

also BACKUP EVERYTHING in case you miss up

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
wfaddah
Visitor

sync out look pro with your gmail account, then sync gmail to your phone

Not applicable

Thank you.  And thank God I have gmail,which I rarely use.  Can gmail be syncd to Office Outlook 2003?  If not,I can get the 2007 version.

wfaddah
Visitor

i am not 100% sure but i think i did see instructions how to set up outlook 2000 with gamil.... just go gmail setting there are instructions, you should be fine!

wfaddah
Visitor

also BACKUP EVERYTHING in case you miss up

Not applicable

All bookmarks and contact are in my pc.  If I need more help,will let you know.  Thank you for all the helpful info!

Not applicable

Just found out something very interesting;downloaded PC Companion,and it IS compatable with my current SE phones (the Z750a,the C905a).  It is another version of the PC Suite,but with a different interface and look that I like.  The problem that I have is trying to to PC Sync online with the phone;I have to input all different settings,even though,as you can see,I already have the username and password setup for setup and support,which is what you also need to check out "Play Now".

Also checked out the X10 at the at&t and I LOVE IT!!  Not crazy about the touchscreen qwerty keyboard,but it isnt' horrid like the crackphone.  I like Mediascape and Timescape,and have to get used to how to scroll the screen in the right direction.  A little laggy a couple of times,but that is something I certainly can live with.  THIS IS A SMARTPHONE I CAN CERTAINLY LIVE WITH.  Now,all I have to do is convince at&t for an earlier upgrade.  Not a gamer at all;usually play games while either travelling or bored,so multitouch is NOT a dealbreaker.  Like the fact that I can get rid of the subscription apps with at&t that I have now and go with the free Android Marketplace apps.

Someone askes me if you can use a stylist ala Xperia X1 and X2.  Can you answer that question for me?  Thank you for all your tech input,for this proves valuable about the decision that I'm making about the X10.

Not applicable

I just wanted to update you that I synced two e-mail accounts with g-mail,so my phone book is in gmail.  However,it seems that the PC Companion is another version of PC Suite,and I like PC Companion better than PC Suite.  Both of my phones (the Z750a and the C905a) are recognized by PC Companion that I downloaded for the Xperia X10 which I will be getting after Labor Day here in the US.  A little laggy and can be unresponsive,but then again,my current phones have similar hiccups.  The Xperia really makes me want to upgrade to a smartphone,and I can keep the unlimited data plan from at&t,since they said I am a VALUED  (ie a over $200/mth customer) customer and complained too.  So,the squeaky wheel DOES get the most grease!

Will update you on how the phone works out.