Join now - be part of our community!

HERES HOW TO FIX ( WONT TURN ON, CHARGE, STUCK ON LOOP ) follow exact without missing bits

sroger
Visitor

HERES HOW TO FIX ( WONT TURN ON, CHARGE, STUCK ON LOOP ) follow exact without missing bits

Ok I had no phone for days as it updated and then would not switch on at all or charge.

After reading suggestions like hold the – volume and power button etc DON’T WORK

I had a loop of SONY, XPERIA, COLOUR FLAGS ACROSS SCREEN then this continued and my phone got so hot…….. follow these steps exact!  

1 you need full charge to do this inside back cover the small reset button…press with pen until 3 vibrates, DO NOT TURN ON but put on charge (red) then (orange) keep charging until its (green)

Do not try before as you will have to do this like I did 4 times.

When green unplug usb from phone and charger and continue to a pc/laptop now enter this link

Update_Service_Setup-2.11.12.5.exe

http://www-support-downloads.sonymobile.com/Software%20Downloads/Update_Service_Setup-2.11.12.5.exe

accept prompt (yes) ( I agree)

You will get a sony screen ( black and blue) then you will have a (grey) screen

Tick a small box (accept licence)  then select you model ( ie SP)

Now follow instructions exact ( plug usb into pc HOLD the – volume key whilst pushing in the other end to phone) you will hear a beep and it will say release – volume key

NOW LEAVE ALONE UNTILL FINISHED it does take a long time so don’t unplug.

When finished it will tell you to leave plugged in for a few mins and then a prompt to unplug

And turn on………………..After my doubts I got the SONY, XPERIA and then the flag for more than I had in the loop. But it just turned on but your charge will be used from the update so quick put on charge.

I was about to give up but i just did this about 40 mins ago with my phone now on charging and lots of txts just came through ..............Hope this helps so many

14 REPLIES 14
azikko
Visitor

It still does help, even after a year later. I've tried so many methods from posts and articles, and this one is the right fix!

Big thanks, lady power!

kay-grey
Visitor

hi, my sony experia l1 bettery died, and won't charge, when i plug it in it flashes a red light and won't do anything. how can i fix it? :'(

Stompa1963
Visitor

ive got a sony xperia xa f3111 when plugged in charging it says 99% but green light on constantly but when i switch on it keeps swtching back off,i managed to software repair successfully it says power on phone but it switched off  on the x back to charging 99% ! turns out that the battery is reading a false charge so not got the power to stay on even when charging ! one big mistake people make is being to quick to plug data cable in at the wrong time, open up sony companion DO NOT PLUG PHONE IN YET ! click on software repair tick box on bottom left my phone cannot be detected click xperia phone or tablet. then click next   check the box only if you know your google details for after update then click next should say initialising follow instructions carefully keep the volume down key down all the time while plugging cable into phone the light will turn red then green then update your phone but if your battery is no good it will keep switching off but if battery is flat it wont turn green when you hold buttons and  if you followed these directions to the t then your phone will repair just unplug cable hold on button until it vibates then if its worked it will restore unless your on button is faulty this is how i managed to restore mine hope this helps

Stompa1963
Visitor

go to ebay search for model of fone battery and they are only a few quid free post,use hair drier and tools provided watch youtube video of how to take back of if its heat sealed and take out old and in with new one then charge up hope this helps

Anil69
Visitor

Dear the application is not working on win 10 .. kindly advice.