Join now - be part of our community!

Cant get PC Companion to work

SOLVED
Not applicable

Cant get PC Companion to work

Sorry, this is probably pretty basic.

Just installed PC Companion but none of the features work, i.e. Media Go. When I click on "Start" I get the following error message: "Internet connection required". I have this on my work pc which has a firewall / proxy.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
suze
Leader

The initial install of PC Companion is the bare bones as such, if you want to then access features like media go you have to do another download over the internet. Its the same with another bit of it too but I'm sorry I don't remember which bit.  Its been a while since I set it up.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
suze
Leader

The initial install of PC Companion is the bare bones as such, if you want to then access features like media go you have to do another download over the internet. Its the same with another bit of it too but I'm sorry I don't remember which bit.  Its been a while since I set it up.

Martha-
Contributor

It is the same for most, if not all of the apps in PC Companion.  They need to be installed later.

Not applicable

Thanks - I appreciate your help. I have downloaded the individual elements separately and installed them - they now work with PC Companion. For some reason if the item is not installed, when you click on it in PC Companion, it can't find an internet access to download the files.

All sorted now - thanks again.