Join now - be part of our community!

Does xperia l2 supports USB otg? If so, how to enable it?

Dylan49
Visitor

Does xperia l2 supports USB otg? If so, how to enable it?

Please assist

18 REPLIES 18
Jonas
Master

Hi @Dylan49, welcome to our forum!

I'm afraid that the Xperia L2  does not support OTG / USB Host.

I hope that answers your question!

Viji123laks
Visitor

How to connect otg 

Jonas
Master

Hi @Viji123laks, welcome to our community!

The Xperia L2 does not support OTG, so you will not be able to connect, for example a USB stick to your device.

I hope that answers your question.

ghost123uk
Visitor

Hi all,

I am a little confused.

During my research to find out why my phone would not "see" a USB memory stick, I came across the following information, relating to the L2 phone, on this very Sony website (at https://support.sonymobile.com/us/xperial2/userguide/connecting-your-device-to-usb-peripherals/#gref ) It says "You can use a USB Type-C host adapter to connect your device to USB accessories such as USB mass storage devices, game controllers, USB keyboards, and USB mice."  

I have now purchased 3 different USB C Host Adapters to try and acheive this. 

Now I read the answer on this forum that one cannot use USB memory sticks with these (L2) phones?

Please Sony, can you help me understand this confusion.

Thanks in advance,

John Birkett.

Jonas
Master

Hi @ghost123uk!

That's a really good find, thank you for this.

I'll do what I can from my end to make sure that the correct information is shown in the user guide / on the support website.

ghost123uk
Visitor

Just popped back to say that your web page ( https://support.sonymobile.com/us/xperial2/userguide/connecting-your-device-to-usb-peripherals/#gref ) still tells us that you CAN connect a USB memory stick to a Sony L2 phone.

To be honest I am a bit peed off about the fact that this phone cannot read a USB memory stick.

I wasted good money on buying 3 different USB cables before discovering (on this thread) that, for some reason, this feature is not available on the L2.  If I had known this before buying it, I would have choosen a different phone.

Jonas
Master

Hi @ghost123uk,

I have sent them a reminder as I reported this before I went on my vacation. I'll get back you to you as soon as I have an update and I'm very sorry for the wrong information.

Raul10000
Visitor

Does XPERIA L2 support it? I am having the same problem

ghost123uk
Visitor

No  Raul10000 this phone does not support external USB storage - annoying isn't it!!

It doesn't support Screen mirroring or Miracast or any other DNLA connections either !!