Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 5 - Screen stretched for gaming!

SOLVED
DeepShip
Visitor

Xperia 5 - Screen stretched for gaming!

The phone is pretty smooth for gaming, for some of the games it just stretch the graphic to fit the screen though, is there some way to adjust it?

I mean I am ok with a smaller screen, but in wrong propoertion cannot! Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Martin1
Enthusiast

Hi @DeepShip, let me see if I can provide an answer here!

Some apps are able to fit 16:9 full-screen content on part of a 21:9 display. Others stretch this content to fit the vertical dimensions of the display. As @Viridis said, it is in the end up to game developers to enable the graphic to be stretched to fit the screen as it is not possible to adjust this by changing the display settings on the device.

In the link below you can find a discussion on the Xperia 1 board where users mention games that work with the 21:9 format. That might be helpful.

/t5/Xperia-1/Android-games-that-work-in-21-9-format/td-p/1377457

I hope that helped a little bit! Slightly_smiling_Face

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.ES.title
lledo54
Contributor

What kind of game do you play? I all I've tried fits the screen

profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

@DeepShip wrote:

The phone is pretty smooth for gaming, for some of the games it just stretch the graphic to fit the screen though, is there some way to adjust it?

I mean I am ok with a smaller screen, but in wrong propoertion cannot! Thanks.

This is one of those things that unfortunately it's up to game developers to enable, many games will correctly set the full aspect, but some will stretch to fit.

Your best bet is to contact the game developer and ask if they will be enabling 21:9 support.

Martin1
Enthusiast

Hi @DeepShip, let me see if I can provide an answer here!

Some apps are able to fit 16:9 full-screen content on part of a 21:9 display. Others stretch this content to fit the vertical dimensions of the display. As @Viridis said, it is in the end up to game developers to enable the graphic to be stretched to fit the screen as it is not possible to adjust this by changing the display settings on the device.

In the link below you can find a discussion on the Xperia 1 board where users mention games that work with the 21:9 format. That might be helpful.

/t5/Xperia-1/Android-games-that-work-in-21-9-format/td-p/1377457

I hope that helped a little bit! Slightly_smiling_Face