Join now - be part of our community!

Email Subscription Alerts

profile.country.GB.title
frogger38

Email Subscription Alerts

I have stopped getting Subscription ALerts via eMail is this a known problem? I have checked spam folders. I have also checked my forum settings.

Thanks

Product is is Sony 2015 KDL 43W805C Android TV, UK Model with YouView, purchased Sept 2015.
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ive just subscribed to this thread,please reply back.

profile.country.GB.title
frogger38

Your, reply.. I have just had two replies on another thread which I have subscribed to, which have not provoked emails.

Thanks

Product is is Sony 2015 KDL 43W805C Android TV, UK Model with YouView, purchased Sept 2015.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Confirmed from me, not working either.  Ive reported issue to forum manager.

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

@frogger38 - can you confirm if this worked yesterday - i generally dont subscribe to threads, hence i dont know.

profile.country.GB.title
frogger38

I think the last alert I had was 20:00 GMT (London) on 8th Nov.

So not working yesterday. Thanks for taking this up.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@frogger38 - I have had a chat with the forum manager: the simple answer is... We dont know why its not working.

Long Answer:

Notification emails do not work for you or me.  However it does work for others on the UK forum.  So assumption was email provider.  I have a gmail account, forum manager setup a test gmail account and a test UK logon.  All works fine for him on a test thread he created.  Yet that same test thread it does not work for me.

Agreed to leave it a couple of days to see if it decides to correct itself - if not a fault will be logged with 'Lithium' to determine the actual issue.

Can you please check that you have active subscriptions in your settings as the forum manager stated that he could not see any under you account - however its likely to be his side that he couldnt see them (possibly).  Either way, i have active subscriptions and it doesnt work for me.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
frogger38

Thanks for your efforts, something is wrong. My email account is with btinternet as host. The email is fine, I use a Sky TV forum which is Lithium hosted which still works fine to the same address. Yes I have 5 subscriptions active on the forum all which used to work fine, many posts have been made and no alerts received. 

To attempt diagnostics, I set up a new (temporary) account to a different address and received the email check email and the welcome Email, set up subscriptions, but I receive no alerts regarding posts from the Sony forum. 

I'll see what happens, if nothing try and find a contact in Lithium. 

Feel free to pass the above to a forum manager. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@frogger38 a 'ticket' was opened with Lithium yesterday, and with providing them with some examples, it is now working for me.  Can you confirm if it is now working for you too.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
frogger38

@AnonymousRegretably.. NOT working for me as yet, i did not get a mention email, a posting alert in this or any other thread, and just tried a PM from my second account and that still does not email a alert to me.